Fatteh Tahini Chickpeas with Yoghurt Recipe
Course Lent Dish, Main Dish | Cuisine Lebanese | Servings 4 full portions | Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 15-20 minutes
2 cans Chick peas Drained and washed with fresh water
1 cup Tahini Sauce Refer to: "How To Make Tahini Sauce"
1/2 cup Water
500 gr Plain Yogurt Lebanese or Mediterranean
1 loaf Lebanese Pita Bread Toasted and broken in small pieces
1/2 tsp Lebanese 7-Spices
Salt to taste
3 tbsp pine kernels Fried. Add the quantity if you are a fan of nuts in the food like me.
1 tbsp garlic mashed
1 1/2 tbsp butter unsalted
1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Prepare the Tahini Sauce as per my recipe "How to Make Tahini Sauce". Meanwhile toast the bread, and mash the garlic.
- Over medium heat, mix the Tahini Sauce with the Chick Peas while adding water gradually. Season with the 7-Spices and salt, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, while you fry the Pine Kernels.
- Heat the oil and the butter, add the spoon of garlic, and fry softly over medium heat until it gets a yellowish golden look and a crispy texture. It should take few seconds. Set aside in the frying pan.
- You have the option to pour the Chickpeas with its Tahini sauce into 4 soup plates or into one deep serving plate.
- In any case, cover with a layer of small pieces of toasted bread. Follow with a generous layer of plain yogurt.
- Top it with the fried pine kernels, and pour on the fried garlic with its warm oil-butter liquid.
- To be consumed at once. The particularity if this dish is in the duality of warm and cold, and of the crispiness and softness.
You may prepare this dish ahead of time. At the time of serving, fry the garlic while warming the chickpeas, and then layer up all.