The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Lemony Chicken Breast Recipe. Enjoy Lebanese Chicken recipes and learn how to make Lemony Chicken Breast.
For the Chicken
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for cooking
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
For the Salad
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 to 1 teaspoon of honey, depending on how sour lemon is
1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 cup (113 grams) diced hothouse or seedless cucumber
4 ounces (113 grams) feta cheese, diced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, dill, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Use the back of a small spoon to press garlic and dill into other ingredients. (This releases more flavor from the dill and garlic). Add marinade to a resealable plastic bag or small rimmed dish then add chicken. Marinate 20 to 30 minutes at room temperature or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Brush extra garlic from chicken and pat dry.
- Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium frying pan (with lid) over medium-high heat. As soon as the oil is hot and looks shimmery, add chicken. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until golden.
- Flip, reduce heat to low then cover with lid. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees F (74C) when inserted into the thickest part of the breast.
- Transfer chicken to a plate then cover loosely with aluminum foil. Rest 5 to 10 minutes then serve with salad.
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, honey and dill in a medium bowl then add tomatoes, cucumber and feta cheese.
- Toss gently, season to taste then refrigerate at least 20 minutes and up to a day.
Recipes related to Lemony Chicken Breast:
How to Make Kabsa | Bokhari Rice | Eggplant and rice (Makloobet betenjan) | Lebanese Makloubi with Meat Recipe | Grilled Chicken with Mango Salsa | Chicken farika