|Photo: Cracked wheat and parsley salad (Tabooleh) - Chef Osama|
1/2 cup fine cracked wheat
4 cups parsley,stems removed,finely chopped
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
8 green onions (scallions, spring onions), white parts only, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 large tomato, finely diced
4 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
2 hearts romaine lettuce
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pick stones from bulk cracked wheat before using.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Drain and set aside.
- Rinse the parsley and pat dry before chopping.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients except the lettuce and mint.
- Let the salad stand in the refrigerator for 1 hour to absorb the flavors.
- Add the finely chopped mint before serving.
- Toss and taste for extra seasoning.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.
Source: Chef Osama
More from the Lebanese Recipes Kitchen:
How to Make Tabbouleh Salad
Chickpea and prawn fattoush
Cumin lamb with tomato, cucumber and goats feta
Lebanese Lentil Salad with Garlic, Cumin, Mint, and Parsley
Middle Eastern Tomato Salad
Save and share Cracked wheat and parsley salad (Tabooleh) Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.